Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Family



This painting of Doug's and Chris' mum, Susan Linley, was a gift to Doug from one of his friends. She is loved, remembered and missed always.






My most camera shy son is Douglas Linley. I went searching for a recent photo and found many of cars that he likes and only this tiny, obscure, replica of him. I guess if you want to see him, you will have to get to know him. He is personable and funny and likes cars. Vroom.




























Christopher Sok is Christopher Linley's eleven year old son. I "inherited" Christopher Linley at about the same age. You can see that he must have been full of energy and mischief and indomitable good spirits. It does my heart good to see what a good dad he has become - so full of love.







Ben and Lindsey did a round the world whirlwind before winding up in Vancouver. After several months of playing and spending, working and scrimping seem a little dreary. Oh well, the drizzly climate fits the mood. Benjamin Corey Wilkins is my son and Lindsey Houser is his fiance. How do you put the accent over the final 'e'? Lindsey certainly looks like part of the family. Check out her hat, then scroll to the end of this post!









Benjamin thinking.













































Ariel and I share a little goofiness. The sun brings that out in us. Ariel Wilkins Burge is my daughter and married to Texan, Matthew Burge. By rights she should be sporting a cowboy hat also instead of this California sun blocker.







Matthew Burge, Ariel's husband, beams with his beautiful daughter, Zoey. Matthew is beautiful too, of course, but it is hard to compete.



Jeffery Jon Wilkins, my youngest son, is checking out directions as he prepares for the long drive from Granada Hills, California to Vancouver, British Columbia. Ariel and Matthew are taking a break from house painting to see him off. Jeffery is a "true Canadian." At least, that is what he calls himself, and it is difficult for him to understand why his "so called Canadian" family is scattered around the globe.



This was Jeffery's office that he left behind - computers, music, comfy couch. Except for the lack of a house keeper, this is what his Geeks on Fraser office is like as well.




Stephen Warren Linley is my darling husband. Los Angeles provides the backdrop to those California blue skies but he, and I, have opted for the grey wall, kind of matches the often grey sky, backdrop of Wiveliscombe. Do you recognize the park bench?









Benjamin and Ariel celebrate finishing the long haul at university.





Ariel is like her grandmother in so many ways. They both love to dance and pretty things. Neither ever complains and both are lovely.



















This is my mum, Dolores Ruth Corey Wilkins. In this photo she is 86 years old and has come to visit us in California on the occassion of both my daughter, Ariel, and son, Benjamin, graduating from UC Santa Barbara and UC Santa Cruz respectively. They also graduated respectably.











Hi Lindsey.

See what I mean.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Wiveliscombe, Somerset, United Kingdom
Wiveliscombe is the perfect town for me. I love my family. God is good.